Terms And Conditions
Terms Governing The Use Of Our Services
1. Logos, Registration and Trademarks
Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd, its logos, straplines and the Cartoon Bee (Biene) Character are Copyright and may not be reproduced or used by any persons/companies without prior written permission. Any parties entering into a contract or placing an order with Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd does not have the right to use the Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd name or details without the same written permission.
2. Price Variation
Price estimates are based on the Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance, where such amendment is required in order to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
4. Production/Manufacturing Work
All production work carried out, at customer’s request shall be chargeable.
5. Delivery & Payment
We DO NOT COllect/Store any Credit and/or Debit Card Information.
Turnaround is measured in Working Days, defined as days on which the clearing banks in the City of London are open for normal business. For orders made on a Guaranteed Turnaround service (being orders guaranteed to be ready within a certain period (the "Guaranteed Period")), delivery (as more particularly described in paragraph 9(b) below) will be made no later than 10pm on the last Working Day of the Guaranteed Period. Should Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd fail to deliver within the Guaranteed Period (see also paragraph 10 Variations in quantity), a service "credit" will be awarded up to the value of the order in question (redeemable against future orders within 6 months of issue of the Credit in question) (the "Credit"). The customer will still be obliged to pay in full for the order in respect of which delivery was late, including any of the sums charged specifically for the provision of the Guaranteed Turnaround Service ("the Premium Charges"). Where the late delivery is as the result of the action or inaction of a third party, such as a carrier, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd, at their absolute discretion, may elect to extend the Turnaround by one Working Day and the customer shall not be awarded a Credit during this time.
- These services rely on the customer not delaying the progress of the order in any way (which delays include but are not limited to the customer not returning proofs by the time specified by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd or failing to make payment by the time such payment is due) (a "Customer Delay"). In the event of a Customer Delay the customer shall not be awarded a Credit and the customer shall still be obliged to pay the
- Premium Charges but Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall not be bound to deliver within the Guaranteed Period.
- Delivery of work by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall be deemed to take place upon collection of the work by the customer (where the customer is obliged to collect the work) or (where Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd is obliged to deliver the work) actual delivery of the work to the customer by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd. Where the customer is obliged to collect the work, customer’s failure to collect the work on the day on which Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd is contractually obliged to have it ready for collection shall be classed as a Customer Delay. Where Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd is obliged to deliver the work to the customer but the customer provides Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd with incomplete or incorrect delivery information or is not available to accept delivery, then provided that Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd has used reasonable endeavours to deliver the work to the customer, a failed delivery shall be classed as a Customer Delay.
- Unless otherwise specified the price quoted is for collection of the work from Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd or its partners (address will be supplied at the inception of order). A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for delivery to a different address.
- Should expedited delivery be agreed Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved, including without limitation, the cost of couriers or special delivery post.
- Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days or more Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
- Risk of loss of or damage to work completed by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall pass to the customer on delivery. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the work to the customer, ownership of and title to the work shall not pass to the customer and shall be retained by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd until payment is received in full in respect of the work.
- In the unlikely event that Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd deems it necessary to re-print work, the Guaranteed Period shall recommence from the time of Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd’s confirmation to the customer of its agreement to reprint the work.
6. Variations In Quantity
Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered. However some variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that minor variations are immaterial and that Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall have no liability in respect of such variations. For other variations Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd’s entire liability will be to award a Credit. The table below sets out the circumstances under which a Credit will be awarded:
|Quantities||No Credit awarded||Pro Rata Credit awarded||1.5x Pro Rata Credit awarded|
|up to 1,000||Shortage up to 10%||11% to 20%||21% to 25%*|
|up to 5,000||Shortage up to 7%||8% to 15%||16% to 23%*|
|up to 20,000||Shortage up to 5%||6% to 12%||13% to 21%*|
|above 20,000||Shortage up to 4%||5% to 10%||11% to 20%*|
*The Customer’s sole remedy in respect of shortages above these quantities ("Additional Shortages") will be a re-print of the entire shortage quantity of the relevant work, to be undertaken by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd within a reasonable period of time. The Customer shall not be entitled to a Credit in respect of an Additional Shortage.
Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect thereof must be made in writing to Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd within 28 days of delivery. Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd gives no warranties or guarantees or makes any representations as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any completed work the subject of a customer’s order and all other warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, whether express or implied, oral or in writing, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded. Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in transit not caused by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd. Further, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of profits, economic loss, loss of goodwill or loss of anticipated savings or loss of data. The total aggregate liability of Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd in respect of any and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with the customer’s order and Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd’s performance of services pursuant to such order (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall (subject to the provisions of paragraph 10) be limited to the sums paid to Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd by the customer in respect of the order pursuant to which liability has arisen. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude liability which cannot, pursuant to English Law, be excluded or limited including for death or personal injury or liability in respect of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. Standing Material
- Metal and other materials owned by and used by it in the production of plates, film-setting, negatives, positives and the like shall remain the exclusive property of Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer’s property.
- Lithographic, together work or other materials supplied by the customer may be effaced or destroyed immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall be entitled to make additional charges.
10. Customer’s Property
- The customer’s property and all property supplied to Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer’s risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure such property accordingly.
- Where a customer fails to collect work within 20 working days from notification to the customer of completion of the work, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall be entitled, at its discretion, to either store the work until actual delivery or collection is made and charge the customer for the costs (including insurance) of storage or to destroy such work (provided that the customer shall nevertheless remain liable for payment in respect of the relevant order).
11. Materials Supplied by the Customer
- Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which it considers to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
- Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall have no liability in respect of any work being of less than reasonably satisfactory quality as a result of defects in or the unsuitability of materials supplied or specified by the customer.
- Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage accordingly if the quantities of materials supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage ("an Insufficient Supply") then Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity to the extent that such shortfall arises as a result of such Insufficient Supply.
12. Credit Terms and Payment
For invoices not settled within the agreed credit terms or for payments returned unpaid (such as cheques, credit cards or similar), Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd reserves the right to charge interest on the overdue debt at 2% above the HSBC base rate at the time and an administration fee to cover its debt recovery costs and any other costs relating to the collection of payment.
If the customer ceases to pay its debts in the ordinary course of business or cannot pay its debts as they become due or being a company is deemed to be unable to pay its debts or has a winding-up petition issued against it or being a person commits an act of bankruptcy or has a bankruptcy petition issued against it, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd without prejudice to other remedies shall (i) have the right not to proceed further with the contract or any other work for the customer and be entitled to charge for work already carried out (whether completed or not) and materials purchased for the customer, such charge to be an immediate debt due to Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd, and (ii) in respect of all unpaid debts due from the customer have a general lien on all goods and property in Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd’s possession (whether worked on or not) and shall be entitled on the expiration of 14 days’ notice to dispose of such goods or property in such manner and at such price as Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd thinks fit and to apply the proceeds towards such debts.
14. Illegal Matter
- Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall not be required to print any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights or any third party.
- Without prejudice to paragraph 7 above, the customer shall indemnify and hold Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd harmless against all claims, demands, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of the work it is required to produce pursuant to a customer order being or alleged to be defamatory.
15. Periodical Publications
Save in respect of a material breach and/or in the event that a claim arises under any indemnity set out above a contract for the printing of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly or more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of other periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd may terminate any such contract forthwith should any sum due thereunder remain unpaid for a period of 7 or more days from its due date.
16. Full Colour Printing
All reasonable efforts shall be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on customer’s work but variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that, Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer’s photograph, transparency, proof, electronic graphic file, previously printed matter (whether printed by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd, reseller or other party) or any other materials supplied by the customer and the printed article the subject of the customer’s order.
17. Data Protection
By placing an order with Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd, the customer consents to its details being passed on to the Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd sales team for accounting and marketing purposes. The details will be kept by Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd even after the customer’s trading relationship with Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd has terminated. Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd may use the customer’s personal data to let customers know about goods and services similar to the goods or services provided to the customer previously and any others matters that Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd consider may be of interest to customers.
18. Force Majeure
Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to perform any obligation which is owed by it to the customer for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to
Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
19. Variation to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions may be accessed via the Website.
These terms and conditions and all other express terms of the contract with customers shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law. English Courts shall have jurisdiction in relation to any matters arising in connection with any contract between Honig Klause Heidenau UK Ltd and the customer into which these terms are incorporated.
21. Returns / Refunds
You may return any item bought from our standard range* within 30 days of delivery providing it is in the original packaging and suitable for resale. We will also pay the return carriage costs for exchanges or refunds where the return is our error or the material is deemed to be faulty.
Unless incorrectly supplied or deemed to be faulty we cannot accept the return of:
Goods that have been embroidered, badged or printed.
Goods that have been assembled in line with your requirements.
Goods that have been specially procured in line with your requirements and do not form part of our standard range*.
Please note that, where applicable, returns placed via the website will carry a reduced handling charge equivalent to 10% of the value of the returned item (normally 20%) unless we delivered the item in error or the item is faulty.
Our promise is to uplift unwanted goods from your premises within 5 days of the request being made.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
* Our standard range is any item available on our website and does not include special colours or sizes.